Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Seasons of Faith audio books from CBH Ministries


As a member of the TOS Crew, I received four titles from the Seasons of Faith series from CBH Ministries: Race With Midnight, Seventy Times Seven, You Can't Come In, and Braving the Storm. The intent of each title is to instill in kids the reality of God's care and His desire for us to know Him follow His Way and share His Word. While I am very impressed with the quality and price and overall message of these books, that everyone needs Jesus and His teachings are best, I cannot recommend them because I do not agree with the way the plan of salvation is presented. I know that judgment is left to God alone and we are totally saved by his grace and no merit of our own, but it troubles me that baptism is totally omitted in these books. This isn't meant to be a sermon at all, but I need to share my reason for concern. This is honestly the most frustrating review I've written because these books do teach kids that they can follow Christ's teachings in their lives and that they are not too young to share the Gospel. These are soft-cover illustrated books, each with a read-along cd. For further information, please go their website at http://www.cbhministries.org/seasons_of_faith.php.

No comments:

Post a Comment