Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Blessing In the Bread....


Okay, yesterday, I had a blessing I have to share because it sure made me think! I know most of you are like me and have noticed how weekly grocery items fluctuate in price, more often toward a higher amount these days. Well, yesterday, we were out of everything, I mean everything. After hitting several spots in town to get the deals I wanted, we pointed the van toward home. I was honestly feeling deflated by how much everything cost, just to feed my family. Then, I remembered that I forgot the bread. Ughhhhh.....the kids were tired, we were all hungry, and I had cold stuff in the van that needed to get home. So, I decided we could make a fast stop at the locally-owned grocery store on the way home, the kind you can still get in and out of in less than two minutes. Y'all, they just happened to have the kind of bread I like to get on sale! For over a dollar less than the other stores I'd been in! I'd say that my forgetfulness at the other stores was a blessing in actuality and a reminder that God always knows our needs and is looking out for us! May I daily be more and more aware of and thankful for the many blessings that come to me and mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment